Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 22 - Boundary Bay Raptors on US Thanksgiving

This Thursday was the American Thanksgiving and I decided to take the day off to watch football and get out for some birding. It was a rainy day, so I limited myself to a morning visit to Boundary Bay.

I parked at 72 St and made my way north hoping to see some Owls and Raptors. There were no Owls on view on this day, but there were a couple of Raptors.

There is an electrical compound north of 72 St that often features a Rough-legged Hawk. Today was no exception. The rain was coming down hard at this point and the Hawk did not look happy.


Rough-legged Hawk - Boundary Bay, Delta BC

Here's a zoomed in shot using the Nikon.


Rough-legged Hawk - Boundary Bay, Delta BC

The only other bird seen on this soggy morning was a Harrier.


Northern Harrier - Boundary Bay, Delta BC

I took one last shot of the Hawk and headed home to watch football.

Rough-legged Hawk - Boundary Bay, Delta BC

No comments:

Post a Comment