Friday, May 4, 2018

First Post for May

Not a lot to put in this first post for May. The weather and work obligations prevented me from birding on the first few days of the month.

At home on the 4th, I had some luck and saw some Bushtits in our Apple tree. I didn't get very clear shots, but the second one is something you don't see often.


Bushtit - Backyard, North Delta BC

This part of a bird's anatomy is called the cloaca.

Bushtit - Backyard, North Delta BC

On the 5th of May I played golf at Sandpiper Golf course, near Deroche. As we were walking from the car to the clubhouse, I heard a Warbler singing. I had the Nikon with me and got one photo.

Yellow-rumped Warbler - Sandpiper Golf Course, Harrison Mills BC

That evening I took a walk in Burns Bog hoping on the boardwalk.  Once again I saw little in the way of bird life, other than these Mallards.

Mallards - Burns Bog Nature Reserve, North Delta BC

It was a slow start to the month, but it would pick up on Sunday the 5th as the next three posts show.

No comments:

Post a Comment